- Children & Youth
- Growing in Faith
- Get Connected
King of Glory
...A place to grow
SAFE HAVEN POLICY Mission Statement: King of Glory Lutheran Church commits itself to be a "Safe Haven" by creating an atmosphere that nurtures the healthy growth and well-being of all. We want our congregation to be free of all forms of abuse, harassment, exploitation, and intimidation so that all -- including children, youth, adults, visitors, volunteers, and staff -- can participate in the ministries and programs of the church which invite and welcome all to grow in faith.
On April 22, 2013 the Administrative Council adopted a Safe Haven Policy that includes guidelines such as: Whenever an individual volunteers to work with children and youth:
• A background check will be required.
• Anyone who wishes to volunteer before 6 months of participating in the congregation will work as part of a team.
• No one working with children/youth should place himself/herself in a compromising situation by being alone with a child/children out-of–sight of the staff, teachers, or parents.
• Parent/parents will be notified if a pre-school child or a child in the nursery needs assistance in using the bathroom. If a parent is unavailable, such as during VBS, two volunteers will assist the child so that the child is never alone with just one person.
• Everyone involved with children, youth, the vulnerable, their families and caregivers, and employees/volunteers are responsible for making sure that the church's Safe Haven Policies are understood and followed.
For details of our various family ministries, please explore the different options under the children and youth tab at the top of this page.
When your child participates in any activity sponsored by King of Glory, you can be assured that every effort is made to ensure their safety. Background checks are required of anyone who works with our youth, and parents are always welcome to come and participate with their children.